Oriana

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Letter to Leah - in reply to her email

Hello Leah
Thank you for your message. We left Malaga after lunch today - sunny and warm - visited a beautiful viewing place and some very old and large caves. Nan-nan and I have been soaking up the hot sun on our personal balcony. I got too much sun for this stage so came up to check my emails at the Cyber Study high up on Deck 13. We are going across to the North African coast and cruise along it for the next three days, reaching Port Said in Egypt early Saturday morning. Then we visit the Pyramids and go for a trip on the River Nile at Cairo. We hope you are all well and happy.

We had a rough two days coming from Southapmton to Malaga though the bay of Biscay. Storm Force 11! I was a bit queasy at times - the ship rocked and pitched a lot - spray all over this enormous ship. We have a lovely large cabin with separate Bathroom, sitting area and sleeping area - and a balcony with nice louging seats and tables.

The Cabin stewards and waiters are all from Goa in India and they are very friendly and courteous. The first evening I found myself sitting next to a retired Policeman born in Abbotts Ann. When he was 17 he delivered bread to my Uncle Bob at Little Ann Bridge Farm and he remembers my Uncle shouted at him for going over a plowed fireld.

Next morning I met a lady at breakfast who knew my old Landlady at Woodford Green and had had her hair done by a bloke once engaged to Lindsay my Landlady's daughter - but she died and the hair dresser never married anyone else apparently. The woman also was active in the Church at woodford Green where Nan-nan's mum and dad got married - it really does sometimes seem a very small world!

Most peolle on this ship are British - very few from any other country. Last night we went to an Iris Williams concert - she is a coloured Welsh singer - it was very good. W are having a good time but Penny's cold is taking a long time to go - it is a bit less today, but she has been coughing a lot.

It would be nice to take you and Stephanie on a cruise when you are a bit older - but there are mostly older people on this ship - but a few kids and teens.

Take care my dear and lots of love from Nan-nan and me,
Grandad X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home